School timetable 2018-2019
I writing to inform you that next year the school will operate a two-week timetable. The decision to organise the timetable over a two-week cycle has been taken after careful consideration and consultation in order to ensure all students still get the opportunity to study a broad, balanced and compelling curriculum. There will be a Week A and a Week B.
Why is the school changing from a one week to a two-week cycle?
There are many benefits to a two-week timetable but the key reason for Sarah Bonnell was:
- Easier for all subjects to have the appropriate amount of time to teach the content required by the new GCSE requirements and specifications.
What will this mean for your child?
Students will need to remember
- Lessons may fall on different days during week A and B
- Books and PE kit may need to be brought in on different days of the week
- Students will have more time for some subjects
Will school still start and finish at the same time?
There will be no change to the timings of the school day:
- The timings of the school day will be the same each week with the same timings as this year
- Breaks and lunch-times are the same each week with the same timings as this year
How will the school let us know which week is Week A and Week B
Many schools use already use this system successfully and I am confident that students and staff at Sarah Bonnell will adapt quickly and easily. However the school will also help everyone remember by:
- Different bells for week A and B
- Regular reminders in assemblies.
- The weeks will be clearly shown in Student Planners with different colours for week A and week B
- Week A or B will be advertised on the school website and the school app
- Digital screens and noticeboards around the school will display Week A or B
On Friday 15 June 2018 the school will be closed for Eid Al-Fitr for most of school community. School will remain open for the Year 11 GCSE Science Examinations only on this date.
Year 10 Work Experience
Year 10 students will be off-site on work experience from Monday 2 – 6 July 2018.
Sports Day 6 July 2018
This annual event takes place on Friday 6 July for all students in Year 7, 8 and 9. More details will be sent out nearer the time.
Please remember that you can keep up to date with everything that is going on at school through the Sarah Bonnell website (http://www.sarahbonnellonline.co.uk/) and ‘app’ (http://www.sarahbonnell.co.uk/page/?title=The+Sarah+Bonnell+App&pid=258).