Your daughter may receive a free school meals if you get any of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based jobseekers allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- support under immigration and asylum law
- the guarantee part of state pension credit
- child tax credit and you have an annual income of £16,190 before tax or less (whatever Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs* works out for you).
But, you will need to apply for free school meals. The ONLY way to apply for Free School Meals is via the Newham website www.newham.gov.uk then enter “free school meals” in the Search box in the top right hand corner. It is important that you apply immediately as processing the application can take some time. Please note that the person in receipt of the above benefits has to be the one that applies, otherwise your application may not be accepted.
If you have not applied, or your daughter is not eligible to receive a free school meal, please ensure that you give her a packed lunch each day, or money to load onto our cashless catering system. You can also load money onto her cashless catering account using ParentPay via the school website.
If you do not have access to a computer, or would prefer us to apply on your behalf, please contact Tyler Hatwell, Attendance Officer, on the school telephone number, who can make the application for you and answer any questions you may have.