Last year we surveyed 646 parents from all year groups and we thought we’d share some of the results.
95% of parents either ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’ that their daughter is:
- Well looked after at Sarah Bonnell
- Taught well in lessons
- Makes good progress at school
92% of parents either ‘strongly agreed’ or ‘agreed’ that their daughter:
- Is happy at Sarah Bonnell
- Feels safe at school
We also asked you for any additional comments and below are 2 examples of how we have responded to your feedback:
“Not enough homework is given to students” (Year 9 parent)
- Following your feedback we developed an action research project on homework. As result we have created a new homework policy that focuses on the quality of homework and ensures that homework is set at an appropriate frequency. The homework that is now being set will have a specific purpose rather than set as a matter of routine. This will ensure that homework will support learning and progress.
“I do not like the current report method. It is not easy to track my daughters progress” (Year 7 parent)
- We have changed our reports to ensure that it gives parents all the relevant information and would welcome any more feedback.
Finally, it was great to receive so many positive comments such as:
- “Very pleased with my daughters progress & opportunities offered at the school” (Year 11 parent)
- “I am very happy with my daughters progress and would like to thank all the hard working teachers” (Year 10 parent)
- “Very good – keep up the good work” (Year 8 parent)
Thank you for all of your ideas!